A forum for discussing wooden boats and boat building

You are not logged in.

#1 27 Oct 2011 11:10 am

fairplay

...fin-box or even mast-box for the Kaholo?...

...could Fyne Boat Kits provide a fin-box or even a mast-box for the Kaholo?...

...something like what is offered as 'Orca-conversion-kit' here: http://www.woodsurfboardsupply.com/sailboard.html ...

'...so, how many kayaks do you really need?...' - '...one more!...'

#2 28 Oct 2011 9:22 am

Phil
Employee

Re: ...fin-box or even mast-box for the Kaholo?...

These SUP's have been designed for use as an SUP and as such they are great.  One of the advantages of building your own is you can tailor it for your own specific requirements which could be many and varied.  That said I am not aware of one being turned into a windsurfer.  Nothing to stop you; good luck, and we'd love to see the pictures!

#3 28 Oct 2011 3:54 pm

fairplay

...ha!...Phil, i already have the Kaholo in my basket...but before i click on order i have to get a little further with the Pax...

...nevertheless, the question remains: could Fyne provide fin- and/or mast-boxes?...

...especially for the fins this might be a good idea as it makes the board(s) much easier to transport...

...for my first Kaholo-order i'd like to add two fin-boxes, please...i just cannot find them in your 'catalog' (yet) smile ...

#4 31 Oct 2011 5:35 pm

fairplay

...soooo - i have just placed my (first) Kaholo-order...

...now i am curious if there will be an email asking if i want to have some fin.boxes included with the shipment wink ...

Board footer